Anyone have a F2 on order?

Scotsman58

Or better yet, have taken delivery of one?  

For those who have placed orders or are thinking of doing so -- I would be interested in thinking on the LSA version versus the promised certified, IFR-capable version.

About me -- it's been a while since I posted in this forum.  I started out my flying in a CTLS, but moved up to a DA40 because I wanted more size and weight for gusty wind conditions and also wanted to pursue an instrument rating.  I am thinking about trading in my DA40 for various reasons, including that I hardly ever use the rear seats, and wouldn't mind returning to a plane with a ballistic chute (although the DA40 has a really stellar safety record).  I had a demo with Tom P. in the F2 and thought it flew really nicely.

I've not been following the 4 place / certified versions.  If I was shopping for a 4 place, and the budget being north of $300k, a FD wouldn't even be on the list.  And I love my FD, great LSA machine.  Beyond that, I'd be all over a Cirrus if you had to have the chute, or a Mooney without the chute.  So many options when you have a third of a million dollars to pony up!

I'm just wondering how efficient production is going. There are a lot of shortages in the aviation field such as tires, engines, engine parts etc. Try to get a fuel tank for a King Air, almost impossible.  Supply chain interruption is global. Container shipments from China used to be around $2500 to $4000, now around $25000. I wonder how spare parts will be in the near future for anything. The marine industry is devastated, try to buy a boat, and engines are very difficult to get.