2007 CTSW landing ligh bulb number?

procharger

Now would be the time to switch, call FDUSA for the details. The original is a 100w halogen bulb with a MR16 base. If you want to keep the halogen bulb, then something like this would work https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/20/STAG-EFP.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw49qKBhAoEiwAHQVToxq1_4y7K6bn6weEdHMnSB1u4aBTWe9L5qn0g6LoKofTlV_3dpVZbxoCl6cQAvD_BwE 

The big difference between the LED and halogen is you can keep the LED on without worrying about running your battery down.

I highly recommend switching to the LED.  I bought mine on Amazon or eBay because I wanted the brightest and purest white light I could find compared to what I could find locally.  The best is stated above, I can keep it on while in the pattern and not have the low voltage alarm start going off on final.  It pulls a fraction of an amp versus the stock bulbs 6-8 amps (?).  That is huge when I believe our alternators are only capable of 18 amps.  

18 hours ago, CTSW Bob said:

I highly recommend switching to the LED.  I bought mine on Amazon or eBay because I wanted the brightest and purest white light I could find compared to what I could find locally.  The best is stated above, I can keep it on while in the pattern and not have the low voltage alarm start going off on final.  It pulls a fraction of an amp versus the stock bulbs 6-8 amps (?).  That is huge when I believe our alternators are only capable of 18 amps.  

Are you recommending this based off of what? Night flying?  

Or are you assuming that the OP does not use their AC for night flights and just wants to keep it on all day? 

I do not have experience with the LED but most people have said the Halogen is brighter and has a better throw. I can tell you from experience that flying with the halogen at night is marginal at best, making it worse by switching to an LED bulb is NOT recommended

1 hour ago, Skunkworks85 said:

Are you recommending this based off of what? Night flying?  

Or are you assuming that the OP does not use their AC for night flights and just wants to keep it on all day? 

I do not have experience with the LED but most people have said the Halogen is brighter and has a better throw. I can tell you from experience that flying with the halogen at night is marginal at best, making it worse by switching to an LED bulb is NOT recommended

The landing light is not always about landing at night. Over the years I have used them more for recognition than landing at night. 

1 hour ago, Tom Baker said:

The landing light is not always about landing at night. Over the years I have used them more for recognition than landing at night. 

Understood Tom, Just trying show that there maybe 2 different theories on which lamp to choose.  I have contemplated going to the LED a lot, but my priorities are for using it at night. If/when I go ELSA, I will/would be putting in a real landing light. 

For the same size, I think I've been told the same thing, the halogen is better. Though I am not sure if anyone actually got a GOOD LED... you get what you pay for just like everything else!

I have a cowling though that takes bigger lamps, and I can outshine any of the small halogens hands down.

I bought a new flashlight yesterday at Costco, 2500 lumens.  Incredible adjustable long distance beam. The led head assy is just about the size of the original CT bulb, hmmmmmm. Maybe modify the circuit board to turn on and off only on high and determine the input voltage. Might be something to do on a rainy day. It drives me crazy that you have a landing light that won't let you see the side of a barn at 20 ft but a flashlight can easily illuminate 1000 ft.