Sign in to follow this  
Bill3558

My Preliminary Report

Wow Bill, that's scary.  I think this fall under a maintenance induced failure.  Incidents like this should always be a learning experience, I had something happen what a ground cable was disconnected and I lost all electrical power 10 mins into a flight.

My learning/take away - As much as I trust my A&P, I always ask that the cowl be left off so I can inspect the engine before I head out. I twist, pull, touch the critical items and take a close look at any areas that work was performed during the visit.  I've since sold the CT and moved over the Experimental world.  Still use my A&P, but I do a lot more myself and check, re-check, re-re-check and sometimes I check it all again.   Simple things that might skip your mind can cause us a lot of stress when they interrupt a flight and send a rush of fear into our body

I would like to read the report, but it doesn't show up as an attachment that I can open or view. This is both on my tablet and PC.

4 hours ago, johnnyjr said:

My learning/take away - As much as I trust my A&P, I always ask that the cowl be left off so I can inspect the engine before I head out. I twist, pull, touch the critical items and take a close look at any areas that work was performed during the visit.  I've since sold the CT and moved over the Experimental world.  Still use my A&P, but I do a lot more myself and check, re-check, re-re-check and sometimes I check it all again.   Simple things that might skip your mind can cause us a lot of stress when they interrupt a flight and send a rush of fear into our body

I trust my mechanic because I know he will die in the crash if anything goes drastically wrong. That mechanic is me!

This was rather scary at first, but after 14 years I feel better about it. Knowing my limitations and asking for help when needed are key factors.