B.U.D.S. Dongle (NOW SOLD)

Roger

I have sadly sold my CTLSi, and have a supply of spares and accessories available.

As a Rotax certified technician - Stage 2 B.U.D.S dongle with software, used only a couple of times. Cost $1095.00

$650.00

Brand new boxed complete Rotax oil tank.

$375

pm me cjbjer(at)gmail.com

Thanks.

6E438D38-1BD5-4DC1-99AA-F373C2181A3B.jpeg

563E3BA5-8807-414D-8831-01E62068BF02.jpeg

35 minutes ago, FlyingMonkey said:

I'm sure there's a reason this is wrong, but the BUDS just looks like a USB-A to DB9 adapter cable.  If one got the pinouts couldn't that cable be replicated for about $11 instead of $1100?

There is more to it than that. The dongle has a serial number, and the software needs to recognize the dongle and serial number to work.

10 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

There is more to it than that. The dongle has a serial number, and the software needs to recognize the dongle and serial number to work.

I think this is just like the old style "dongle" available for various high end software ( costing thousands of dollars per license ) like Lightwave 3d, Maya or 3d Max ( before they all moved to cloud based authentications which , for obvious reasons, it not an option for the Rotax dongle )

19 minutes ago, Tom Baker said:

So, it's just unnecessary proprietary software bullshit to justify a 100x price markup.  Got it.   ;)

I bet a clever person could spoof that with the right chip and a known good serial number.