Tug or Tow Bar for 2007 CTSW?

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed, I will keep an eye on this thread.  I'm not getting any younger and I keep my CT in a hangar with uneven, rough approaches so I appreciate your point.  FWIW, I have larger main tires on mine and I pull it out by pulling on the prop and put it back in by pushing on the vertical stabilizer right beside the fuselage.  The larger main tires probably help but I may go back to smaller tires which will likely not roll so easily on a rougher surface so will be watching to see what suggestions appear.

I use this remote tug. After my second back surgery my wife said “maybe you should get one of these”. 
Do I really need it? No. In and out of my hangar is flat and smooth. 
Tom will recommend against and he has a point. If this plane was a rental or shared ownership I would not have bought it. Potential for damage must be considered. 
So far, after about 5 years use I have not damaged the plane. 
Since I do my own maintenance, and understand how damage could happen, all has been well- so far. 
There are less expensive tugs but, after seeing a couple in my airpark, this is what I wanted. 

85599376-4939-402C-9E34-8EF07AB01604.jpeg

I would think the tug that john shows would work okay, as long as there is enough weight for traction. But, You need to be very careful about overturning the nose gear or you will bend things! You need to be very careful about overturning the nose gear or you will bend things! I know I said it twice, because it is very important, because it can cause in flight safety issues.

• 4 weeks later...