Pulling wings

procharger

2 hours ago, Anticept said:

It is possible, but STRONGLY discouraged to do this with only one person. Be ready to catch the flaps or they'll drop and hit your fuselage when you pull.

Have two jacks or stepladders with towels too under the wings. The wings are heavy.

I use duct tape on the flaps and ailerons to keep them from falling. It also holds the flaps in place for sliding the wings back on. I have threatened to build a rolling jack/fixture to make removing and installing wings a single person operation. For now I have a friend who has been trained in wing removal when I have to do one to do.

I usually do it myself. I have an engine lift with a tire on top to be up against the bottom of the wing and a 6' ladder with a blanket on the other wing.

I do agree with Tom two people are a little easier and faster, but one can do it. You many need the second person for the extra pair of hands to slide them in or out and push the spar pin back in place..