Any Tug recommendations for CTLSi?

Blueyonder

Hi everyone.

Is anyone using a tug that does not break the Tug pins when it goes over the hangar threshold / drain channel ?

Does anyone know of a mod for Best Tugs ver. Alpha 2 that allows for some vertical play, and still be useful, to stop it from breaking the pins?

There is an uphill slope that makes a tug necessary but at this rate it's best to look for  something else. Ct charges $150.00 for the 2 pins and $20.00 to send them UPS ground. Add to that the labor and you can easily get another tug. At this point it looks like the pins are under designed, the inner / threaded portion is only .25 in. in diameter and if they come lose by a couple of threads, and they do that on regular basis, they can very easily shear off.

Thank you.

Hi everyone.

Thank you BF. The concern was that it would damage the fairing and opted for the BTugs. They do Not have a solution and if the area around the hangar would be flat it would work but not if you have uneven terrain.

@tom I did not see a limitation listed about using a Power Tug for the CTLS? It is also very possible to damage the pins using a hand tug, from side to side maneuvering, and I stand by my opinion that the design can / should be improved or at least make the pins be less likely the unscrew by normal use, at the minimum a lock / star washer or different type thread?

Have a Great Holidays everyone.

Blue,

Years ago, my father had a similar problem with a much heavier aircraft. His solution was to attach a starter motor to a wire drum such that it would free-wheeled in one direction and motor in the other. The device was affixed to the back wall on the floor of his hangar. He could then taxi up, turn the tail toward the hangar, shut down, walk to the back of the hangar, retrieve the hook on the end of the wire, pull it out and attach it to the tail tiedown ring (Yea, I know. But you could probably use the tail tiedown strap instead, especially if there was a short nylon leader added between the hook and cable.). He used this homemade contraption to winch his plane into the hangar tail first.

It looks like there are commercial units now that work the same and use ac wall current.