Aeroshell Sport Plus 4

Madhatter

11 hours ago, Madhatter said:

Seems awful cheap for free freight but a bargain if true.

My thoughts as well. The shipping costs of this usually adds considerably to the price. I added it to the cart, inserted my address, and selected the free shipping. Still showed total cost of $139.95. The next step would have been to place the order which I did not do. If someone does place an order, let us know how it goes.

In a pinch, we can reference the older service bulletin. Though I don't think there are any incompatible parts with oil on this list, there's still that tiny possibility.

I remember being told the Mobil 1 Racing 4T was one of the best on the list, but pay attention to the notes. The recommendations change with operating conditions.

Technically, this is R6, R7 was the last SI before rotax went to pushing aeroshell as the only oil that can grace their engines, but I don't have that revision.

OLD si-912-016 operating fluids.pdf

I run 100LL in it because it does not have hardened valve seats.  Since you can't run 100% synthetic oil with leaded fuel, I needed something that would keep the lead suspended.  So I use the Sport Plus 4 to keep the lead suspended because it was formulated to do that. It is 10W40, too, which is the right viscosity.  Since Rotax has flat tappets, and Aeroshell say they have anti-wear and -scuffing additives, I figure they will protect my flat tappets as well.