WANTED TO BUY: SBS8 OR PC310 BATTERY ASAP

JGray

Hi guys,

The battery on my 2012 CTLS finally gave up the ghost after running strong for 10 years. I have searched online and it appears everyone is out of stock on these batteries. Does anyone happen to have a new one they would sell me? 

Thanks in advance,

Jon

The other option is get a MRA and install a EarthX battery with box. I know several have went this route. I have a CTLS in the shop with the large battery option, and they have quit making that battery all together, I had to switch to a different Odyssey battery and make shims for the box to make it work, with MRA of course.

4 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

I couldn't find one of those either. I wound up with an Odyssey PC-545.

I assume that would require the larger box as well Tom? I like the specs on the PC-545 better. Also, here is a chart I found on a sellers listing for a PC-545, kind of a nice visual reference to the Odyssey batteries.

Odyssey Battery Size Comparison.jpg

27 minutes ago, JGray said:

I assume that would require the larger box as well Tom? I like the specs on the PC-545 better. Also, here is a chart I found on a sellers listing for a PC-545, kind of a nice visual reference to the Odyssey batteries.

Odyssey Battery Size Comparison.jpg

Sorry, I replaced the larger battery, a PC-370, with the PC-545. It wasn't the PC-310.

First touch bases with Adrian at FD. Shouldn't be any problem, but best if they are in agreement. Try this email:  TopService@flightdesignusa.com

Here is a link to the battery box: Odyssey Battery Hold down - HD 680 (westcoastbatteriesinc.com)

They show the box for the 680 but say other sizes including the 545 are available. You can also order the battery from them or check around for a better price. You MAY have to make some wiring changes, but not sure. Keep us up to date on how this goes.

Thanks much BravoFoxTrot! I sent Arian an email, waiting for a response. I'll keep the post updated, but provided FD will approve it this is the route I will go. Tons of PC545s available out there. Either way, I'll update this to reflect what I do. 

I'll check the build date.  It's at least 2 year old now from when I bought the plane.  I thought this battery was bad so I bought a new one but after putting in a new one I found out I had a voltage regulator go bad on me.  So now it's a back up I keep in my parts cabinet.  If I had to guess it may be 2018 or so.  I'll confirm in the morning if your still interested

Well it's a little older than I thought, don't mind the dustPXL_20220219_121307733.thumb.jpg.976c4d7b5318aaea6029d9c15aa0ee1b.jpg.  Feb of 16. I'd still fly with it if I didn't put the new one in because if it were junk it would have gone in the trash. I don't take any risks with my flying equipment. I built and sold a bunch of door guides for our Cts in the for sale section and those interactions/transactions were all positive. 

Thanks Vic, if I can't find a new one soon I'll likely take you up on that offer. I just hesitate to put something in with maybe 1/2 life left on it, that's all. But when you can't find anything else, it beats my 2011 build date battery that has finally failed.