EzWxbrief app

Ken

Hi Folks:

Has anyone used this internet based program? If so, thoughts? I just started playing with it yesterday. It has a 14 day free trial. Looks like it might be useful as I hope to fly to Sebring next week for Rotax classes.

Best,

Ken

On 2/18/2022 at 4:01 PM, Ken said:

Hi Folks:

Has anyone used this internet based program? If so, thoughts? I just started playing with it yesterday. It has a 14 day free trial. Looks like it might be useful as I hope to fly to Sebring next week for Rotax classes.

Best,

Ken

I have not used that.  If you use one of the major phone/tablet apps like ForeFlight or Garmin Pilot, they have good FAA-legal briefing tools built in.  I usually use Skyvector and the NOAA AWS site to plan major flights, and do my legal briefing using Garmin Pilot.  I think I have gotten an over-the-phone "official" brief exactly twice, but I know some people prefer to do it that way.

http://skyvector.com

https://aviationweather.gov/

7 hours ago, FlyingMonkey said:

I usually use Skyvector

That's my go to for planning on the PC in advance.  Love that site.  Also can key in different altitudes for cruise and it auto adjusts the ETA.  Simple and effective site.

For weather, I'm remain using windy.com, there is a ton of power there too, cloud ceilings, low cloud forecasts, all updating as you drag out the timeline over 10 days.  Good stuff.