XC Machine

Bill3558

In the last 2 weeks I’ve flown from 0a7 to Charleston, SC, Tifton Ga with my 70 year old wife,  and Gainesville Ga.  The Tifton flight was the longest at 238 miles each way.  I took on 5 gallons but I didn’t need to. I landed with 14 gallons on board. Almost a 3 hour reserve. These are wonderfully efficient machines. 
Gainesville by the way is home to Lanier aviation. They do flight instruction in a CTLSI, and the mechanics know how to service them . That’s where I’m going for annual. 

Sunday, I flew 114 nm each way to Santa Barbara. I only went because ForeFlight comments said there was a coffee shop right next to the FBO! I did take 10 gallons there, but only to avoid the $45 ramp fee!

Kinda funny, they didn’t know what a flight design was when I checked in. I came back and they thought I was a jet (even though I only got 10 gallons) and they initially charged me a ramp fee of $1800!!! Must be nice to have that kinda money. 

Anyway, great cross country planes for a couple hundred miles, but worked great for California to Oshkosh too! 34 gallons at 5 gph can get you a long way down the road!