Fuel filter below shut off valve - is it servicable

Ed Cesnalis

Yes it can and now you know why I move it. because of this location it is terrible to try and access. So I move all of them to a location FD used to use long ago. Up before the shut off valve. FD moved it so you could use the shut off valve, but rarely does anyone inspect the filter because of it's location. So I move it up before the metal curved sweep before the shut off. Yes you have to pinch off the fuel line to remove it (so what) or just inspect it when you do a wing pull and all the fuel is drained anyway. This puts its location right behind the pilots panel and makes it easy to get to for an inspection. It does no good to put something some place where people won't ever check it because it's a PITA to get to. So if you remove yours now why not move it. replace that fuel filter hose and make it just a single hose. Then cut into the hose above the metal swept fitting above the fuel valve and stick it in place.

Look at the third page on the Service bulletin.

Fuel Filter SB-ASTM-CTSW-06.pdf

2 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

I also switch out the slot screws to a hex head, so I can use a socket to loosen the clamps.

I do that in the wings and the filter. Either a hex head or an allen head. I prefer allen heads. Easier to stay in contact with and turn.