Battery Change

Hi guys, it seems it's time to change the battery in my CTLSi.  Can anyone give me some ideas on the best way to do this?  There is not clearance to get the battery out without either removing the battery box or the engine control unit from the firewall.  Which one would make the job easiest?  I realize this isn't really rocket science but as they say you don't know what you don't know.  Thanks. 

IMG_5580.jpg

Battery box. Remove the terminal wires, looks like on yours you'll have to remove that VR (bolts are through the firewall so easy to get to) and then remove the battery box bolts that go through the firewall and let the battery and box slide down. Put new battery in the box and reverse the process.

I had to replace a lithium battery on a CT and discovered I had to get a different battery from Earth x and a new battery box because the battery would not fit into the old battery box. Don't know your situation but you might look into new battery and box at earthx

Thanks guys.  I already have a battery- I got the same one that is currently in there.  It’s an sbs j-16 or 0769-4005 which appears to different than most people have?  I don’t see a battery listed on my equipment list in my log book.  I will go back and look and see if I can find when it was replaced last and check the POH. I’ve only had the plane for 1.5 years.