Stick removal

SteveC

Am about to do my first decent tour in my 2002 CT2k in a few weeks and have been pondering removing the right stick to make more space for camping gear etc. 

I see the stick appears relatively easy to remove, but a couple of inches of the shaft will still protrude up into the cabin preventing me being able to place anything near this area.

I wonder if anyone else has any experience of making this space 'usable'?

Have also considered removing the passenger seat to make space for a jerrycan, but see there is a hydraulic brake line close behind that I don't want to damage.

Does anyone have any tips to easily maximise the space in these areas?

When I remove the stick I take the boot off the stick, zip tie the end shut, and put the boot back on the velcro box around the stick.  This keeps dust and dirt out, and so far hasn't been a problem for the passengers and nobody has interfered with the stick nub that remains. 

I keep thinking at some point I am going to make a 3d printed box cover that neatly fits over the nub and protects it, but so far it hasn't seemed really needed.  If I do make one I'll put the STL file up for free for others to use.

The stick removed and the Al Downs flip-up foot rest makes for a very comfortable passenger experience for non-pilots like my wife.