Sensenich Prop for the CT

This is sort of the mystery for me. Looking at the math, both of these props should have pretty much the same performance so long as they both end up pitched at the same angle, ~23deg with best WOT. But the sensenich seems to outperform the neuform at least for TO. Roger was going to measure the pitch on some Neuforms. I've sent 2 messages to Sensenich asking about their pitch range (remarkably, they don't say anywhere) and the pitch corresponding to their recommended spacer setting. No response at all so I would say I'm not impressed with their customer support. I would love to know what FD found with cruise and TO performance comparing these two props.

• 4 weeks later...

Our new LS came with the good looking sensenich. That's all it had going for it, good looks! It unloads at a lower rpm in my opinion, which kept us from getting proper rpms in the climb. The WOT performance was no better if not a little worse than the neuform. the bigger issue with this prop, is durability. It absolutely doesn't hold a candle to the neuform on chipping, etc. We replaced ours after 30 hrs with a neuform. The sensonich looked like it had gone through 500 hrs of gravel road takeoffs after just 30 hrs of clean turf and asphalt usage. We did lots of departures off gravel with our last LS equipped with neuform, and had just a few war wounds at 330 hrs. This new sensenich prop has issues.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently bought a TLL-90E to make prop adjustemnts and to carefully measure prop angles.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SlopeView-TLL-90E-Digital-Protractor-Inclinometer-Laser-/320693077304?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaacc0538

Measuring from the flat backside of the blade 1/4 of the way in (8 1/8") I used to have 16.7 Deg and now I set to 18deg. Using an estimate for the zero lift line and some trig, I figure my prop angle, B, is therefore now about 20deg for 5500 WOT level cruise. That is slightly shallow for an ideal prop at the higher end speeds. The Sensenich might significantly out-perform the Neuform by only at high speed and only if it were set closer to the ideal 23Deg. For TO and climb, the Neuform is very efficient and pretty hard to beat, I think. But The shallow pitch when set for best engine RPM means that its aerodynamic efficiency falls off sharply at or above 120kts.

Archived