Latest updates on LSA 7/1/22

Chappy

1 hour ago, tevbax said:

*Patiently waiting for our registration to be completed*

Yeah, im not holding my breath either.  

I don't know how long you have been waiting, but they are processing January 18th as of today according to the FAA website. Remember that your temporary is only good for 90 days. As you approach the 90 day mark you need to request an extension. The following link will provide you the information you need to file for the extension. https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/aircraft_certification/aircraft_registry/

Oddly enough they will approve the extension in a day or so, but they are 6 months behind on issuing the real thing.

The aircraft registry is actually very fast and you should get the registration within 2-4 weeks. However, they are really poor at informing anyone of registration issues, which is usually the issue if you haven't received your registration yet. I know what the website says, but again... they're not very good at informing anyone, that includes keeping those notices up to date.

The airman registry right now is backed up and it's 2-3 months, though student pilot certs are fast tracked and get out sooner... usually.

2 hours ago, Anticept said:

The aircraft registry is actually very fast and you should get the registration within 2-4 weeks. However, they are really poor at informing anyone of registration issues, which is usually the issue if you haven't received your registration yet. I know what the website says, but again... they're not very good at informing anyone, that includes keeping those notices up to date.

The airman registry right now is backed up and it's 2-3 months, though student pilot certs are fast tracked and get out sooner... usually.

This is what the FAA has on their website for today for aircraft registrey, "We are processing documents received on approximately January 18, 2022." .

As of right now the FAA does not have a posted date for airman certificates. A little over a month ago the were about one month behind, so maybe they are caught up now.

3 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

I don't know how long you have been waiting, but they are processing January 18th as of today according to the FAA website. Remember that your temporary is only good for 90 days. As you approach the 90 day mark you need to request an extension. The following link will provide you the information you need to file for the extension. https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/aircraft_certification/aircraft_registry/

Oddly enough they will approve the extension in a day or so, but they are 6 months behind on issuing the real thing.

Thanks for the link! Yeah, were not at the 90 yet. Between trying to wrap up a BRS repack, installing the Tailbeacon, I'm getting antsy to go flying. It's even more painful when the weather is PERFECT, and your airplane is sitting in the hangar all lonely. 

2 hours ago, Anticept said:

I saw it, but that's why I made the point that they haven't been keeping that up. I've had record delivered a lot sooner than that.

I know of two new registrations that went the 90 days and filed for an extension. One was just last week. The other was about a month ago.