Flying into Idaho Wilderness

rdeurloo

I did buy it from Harold Thomas, but I ordered mine new from him. He was flying a CT2K, which has longer wings than the SW. He sold that plane to Mel Mhor in McCall, who, in turn, sold it a couple of years later. Now I think it is in South Dakota

• 1 year later...

Time to revive this thread. Bob, thank you for posting the videos with ambient sound instead of some music track, power settings and landing sounds are preferred over music to me. I'm new to this forum, having decided to research the CT line by reading posts of the owners of CTs. For cross country with range, speed and fuel efficiency at the high end of anything LSA, it is a very desirable platform but due to its slippery shape I wondered how well it might do participating on some of the outings the Back Country Pilot's forum folks enjoy. My mission is cross country with fuel efficiency and to join up with the back country group for some wilderness camping.

Bob, if you have the time, could you tell me a bit about your flying experience? Did you learn back country flying in a plane more suitable to that mission like a Cub or CH-701, etc.? Needless to say I was quite impressed by your videos, hoping that with training and lots of practice I might be able to do the same. I know the CT line has an option of tundra tires with special wheel pants to fit them, so it appears that a bit of back country flying was in the cards by either CT marketing and/or engineering.

If there are more threads and videos of CTs in the back country, would sure like a link to check it out.

Archived