Relocated oil and fuel senders

Roger Lee

Hi All,

How many have relocated their oil or fuel pressure senders to the firewall?

Fuel pressure relocation is only applicable to Dynon users.

These are approved Rotax mods and Lockwood sells the little kits. These are fairly easy mods to do. The get rerouted down just under the battery. The reson for this was to help keep the vibration from killing the sender and extending their life.

I have relocated my fuel pressure sender but have yet to move the oil pressure sender. (I have the Dynon 100/120 combo)

Oil pressure at start-up is generally around 58 psi however once the engine is at normal operating temperatures (in flight) I have seen the oil pressure as low as 33 psi however it generally sits at about 43 psi.

I am not concerned as Rotax state that 29 to 73 psi is within the normal range (above 3500 rpm).

What I would be interested to know is.....are my observations consistent with other operators of 912ULS engines?

I replaced the ball in the press. regulator with the 'cone' however have noticed no change in the oil pressure. I have never had any problem with rapid oil pressure fluctuations and probably didn't really need to install the 'cone', however as it was such a simple procedure, I had it done anyway.

Hi Guys,

You're all normal. The oil pressures seem to range from 32-55 psi for the norm after the engine is at operating temp. Some of this could be the oil pressure regulating cap screw, spring and cone verses the older ball bearing and the quality of the ground on the sender with the difference being each engine has it's own little personality. My best guess is the difference in the senders accuracy. High oil pressure in the Rotax 912 is not the key, but quantity is better.

Archived