5yr rubber replacement kits

Jeremy MacGregor

Way to go CPS. biggrin.gif

We need to support these guys. Jeremy, maria and Jesse have all gone out of their way to make sure we have supplies. Rotax has been a little tardy giving them a few supplies, but CPS has been on the ball. No one else is doing this.

CPS now has 15 kits for the CTs instock ready to ship, make sure you order ahead to have all the necessary parts on hand! Tha k you for the customers who have been patiently waiting. All backorders for those parts are shipping today as well.

Jeremey,

Are these kits complete, by that I mean including hoses behind the frewall?

al meyer

These kits are complete with the exception of the necessary clamps needed for the various hose sizes. Roger has some recommendations as far as suppliers for those go. The kits Run about $900 and it comes with all the major parts Rotax has listed in there Line M/M (carb flanges, diaphragms, compensation hose) along with 2 meters of oil hose, 2 meters of 17mm coolant hose, 2ft of 25mm coolant hose, 12ft of 1/4" fuel line and 12 ft of 5/16" fuel line.

Annnnd Thank you very much Roger for the complements!!! While not all CPS employees are aviation enthusiast, we do all see the value in customer support and the importance in making sure the #1 selling LSA continues to be cared for long after it leaves the showroom! Unfortunatly there are sometimes parts availability issues that we need to deal with but we try to do the best we can. Roger your support has been priceless to most of us on this forum and we appreciate your continued support and acting as our bridge between the Factory and the consumer.

Just a reminder, we have a tech service line at CPS from 10am-3:30pm Pacific standard time, if Im not in the middle of doing something more profitable for the company Im happy to take the time to address any questions you have regarding your engine and any issues you may run into during the course of your 5yr update, never hurts to get a second opinion on something...

The kits include all the hose you need for fore and aft of the firewall. You will need to order from Aircraft Spruce some 3" CEET and 1 3/4" CEET tubing for the air intakes and the heater hose that sets on top of the muffler. You will need some Oetiker or Band-It clamps. Oetiker clamps are easier to deal with. Don't forget to pick up a gallon of anti-freeze and be setup for an oil change and oil purge.

Hi Jeremy. Just by coincidence, I ordered the hose replacement kit from Jesse at CPS today. I'm one of the lucky ones who has the stainless fuel supply lines so my cost for the kit was a less than $900. Got to order some band clamps per Roger's info, fire hose and air induction hose too.

Matt at FD USA indicates that Arian at FD might have come up with a method for doing the replacement without needing to remove the engine. This could save a lot of time and $$ doing this replacement if so. I suspect that it might require a few wrenches that have been cut and re-angled to get to some of the fasteners on the back of the engine. Good to know also that you are offering advice for this if we need it.

Ditto on the thanks to Roger Lee for getting this set up with you and the rest of the people at CPS.

The hose can be done with the engine on, but what a PITA. The rear coolant clamps need to be facing the right way, getting up and working on the hoses coming in/out of the firewall. It's just a lot easier to pull the engine and make sure each is is 100%. It's also easier to pull the fuel manifold lines behind the panel as one unit. It's just less stressful.

Hi Roger. I understand about "less stress" by just biting the bullet and removing the engine. Guess it might be best to have my mechanic talk to Arian and see if he has found a magical way to do the change without removing the engine and then let him decide which way he wants to go. I'll be doing my usual gopher'ing and adding a third hand where needed. I dread doing the filter inspection and hose replacement under the instrument panel. Removing the whole assembly as you suggest seems to be a great idea. Thanks.

Side Question. Is there some way to store rubber parts like "O" rings for a year or two and keep these "fresh"? Does it work to squirt a little silicone (fluid type), glycerine, Armorall or ?? into the bag or bottle where the rubber parts are being stored to preserve these while on the shelf waiting for eventual use?

The kits include all the hose you need for fore and aft of the firewall. You will need to order from Aircraft Spruce some 3" CEET and 1 3/4" CEET tubing for the air intakes and the heater hose that sets on top of the muffler. You will need some Oetiker or Band-It clamps. Oetiker clamps are easier to deal with. Don't forget to pick up a gallon of anti-freeze and be setup for an oil change and oil purge.

Just a heads up guys, I AM NOT BASHING ANYONE ..THIS IS JUST A PSA......when you order the kit from CPS they don't tell you about the "out of stock" parts. When I and another CT owner received our kits both were shorted parts like fuel line, and certian coolant hoses. On the bill I was not billed for the missing parts but I was not told about them missing parts when I ordered them either. This fouled things up logistically for me. When I called and inquired CPS....well anyway Lockwood had the missing stuff, expidted shipping and all went well. No need to seperate engine, it can be done with it on. The fuel lines to the filter are a PITA but totally doable. Total time replacing all parts was 12 hrs. The process was interesting and it definately needed to be done. As someone on the forum has said a few lower coolant hoses were "squeeshie". Hope this helps someone out there and is taken in the correct context. I've now sent my chute into BRS 8 months early since they have very little wait time. Will report on price and total time. BRS has "no idea" what they will do next year when they all start coming in.

Pull the fuel lines and filter assembly completely out and life is easy when you have to do the hose change.

When FD came out with the new fuel filter and the in line metal "U" tube SB they had two options for where your filter may be located. One down really low and down stream of the fuel shut off valve where you almost can't get at it and then no one ever wants to check it. (option "B")

Option "A" is located just upstream of the fuel shut off. I have never heard one way or the other why it couldn't be moved since they didn't say it had to be one place or the other. The location above the fuel valve would then require you to pinch off the fuel line upstream of the filter to open it so it doesn't leak fuel when you open it, but it would be a piece of cake to open and check. I'm not sure if FD would love you or not, the SB doesn't seem to have or state a preference.

Just thinking out loud. rolleyes.gif

Fuel Filter SB.pdf

• 1 month later...

Jeremy, I got my 5 year replacement kit from CPS last month and assumed that all parts were inside. Wrong assumption on my part. No fuel hoses were in the box. No 1/4" or 5/16". And some "O" rings are back ordered and not in the box. I am in the middle of this replacement and called and spoke with Maria today. She said that you are at Oshkosh and won't be able to straighten things out until next Monday. Luckily, Maria was able to provide me with the Gates fuel hose part number and also suggested I call LEAF for the "O" rings. I was able to get the fuel lines locally and LEAF is sending the "O" rings. I am still not clear regarding the rubber hose running from the coolant fill bottle on the cowl up to the expansion bottle on top of the engine? No separate hose was inside the box for this. Maria seems to think that I should use some of the 5/16" fuel line for this overflow coolant line. Can you advise me as to what I should use for this coolant line?

Same thing happened to me with the CPS kit. I wasn't told that there were backordered parts, and while in the middle of the replacement, guess what? Missing parts. I called CPS and was told they didn't bill my card for the missing parts but they don't tell you that you won't get all the parts in the kit. I had to expidite the parts from Lockwood 2nd day and finished up. Be careful when ordering from CPS. Just make certian you are going to get what you ordered the 1st time.

Mike, I did see your post about your similar experience of shipment of parts. To CPS's defense, Maria was very polite and very helpful when I called about the descrepancy. She provided me with an alternate place to get the lacking parts (LEAF) and even gave me the part no's that LEAF would use so these did not have to be looked up when I called LEAF. Also, she said she would credit my charge card for some parts that I will not need and that I will be shipping back. I have no problem using CPS for future part purchase due to the polite and curteous way they worked with me. I have waited for back ordered parts from LEAF, from Lockwood, Aircraft Spruce, etc.. All of these places depend on long lead times for shipments from Europe for these Rotax parts and are working with scaled back numbers of employees due to the economics here in the U.S.

No exception, CPS was polite, etc. It was that I would not have had the project started had I known all the parts wern't in the "kit". Bottom line is my 5 yr is done, my chute is repacked (7 months early), my BFR is done, medical done, static system done. I'm ready for another trip to Jamaica or the Bahamas!

Hi Guys,

Here is a good place to help all.

When ordering this kit make sure you ask if all parts are in stock. I will call them and ask them to be more diligent and making sure all parts are ready for your shipment and if not to let you you right up front. If there is a parts Back order then ask them to notify you ASAP.

Like I was saying months ago. There are a lot of SLSA's and CT's out there this year that need this done. Do not wait until the last minute to get parts. there is a high demand and most dealers are struggling to keep up.

Plan ahead and be ready.

Archived