2010 - 4th Annual Page Fly-In

Admin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian, congratulations to you and your son! Had my prop adjusted so maybe I can keep up with you guys in the climb this time. Looking forward to being Roger's wingman flying down in those valleys SW of Page. Also, watching you skim along the canyon cliff! Those memories will be forever engrained. See you soon... John

Hi All,

We are now only 10 days out from the largest CT Fly-In in the world at Page, AZ. This also includes other LSA which we welcome with open arms. I have a pretty good list of everyone coming, but if for any reason you have to drop out then please shoot me an email or call.

Email: ssadiver@cox.net or Roger @ 520-574-1080

I still have no information on these people. Please let me know if you are one of these and send me your info so we can include you with name tags and all the other info.

Jim Hamilton

L.E. Harper

Brett Gingery

Carry Lidel

Richard Reynolds

If you have a Spot Tracker then make sure you have your link listed on the thread "Spot Tracker" and turn it on for your trip so we can all watch your journey coming and going, plus we can be your safety back up if something unforeseen were to happen.

We are also going to try and get some good pictures of the group and of all the planes on the ramp for a magazine article and a posting on the FD website..

Hi All,

For those of you coming from different places you may want to post from what direction and when you will come through certain areas and may be able to hook up with other fliers along the way. You may find a good place to stay the night if coming from afar and then have a flight of 2-3 the rest of the way in to Page.

For those of you that come from the southwest area we always meet in Payson, AZ for breakfast on the way to page. Stay tuned I will post the time we will be there. I think there will be about 7-8 aircraft having breakfast at Paysone this year. I'm not sure of the time, but I'm thinking around 0830-0900. Check back within a couple of days of the Fly-In and I'll let you know for sure on the time.

I have had 1-2 people drop from the Fly-In, but we have picked up 1-2 that will now be coming. If something happens don't just dump your room. We can use them so let me know and we will just change the names.

Get those Spot Tracker links posted.

Julie and I will be leaving from Lubbock area around 7-8am on Thursday morning, weather permitting. We'll go 2.5hrs to Double Eagle in Albuquerque for a fuel stop, then 2.5hrs into Page. We have n "East Wing" of our house that we'd love to open up for the people coming in from the east on Wednesday night (Dallas?). I think we could even get some non-alcoholic 91 octane auto gas, if interested.

Just PM me...

John

We truly are sorry to miss, again, this fantastic event. We had our fingers crossed, but the harvest equipment and crews arrive Tuesday AM.

So if any of you 'northern group' want a layover, either direction, you know how to reach us.

May all of you have an enjoyable and safe gathering.

T&R

Sorry l had to cancel but I have to be in South Carolina on Sunday for a BMW event. I'm going to try to make it to Copperstate on Sunday so maybe will see some of you there.

John and Julie, give me a heads up (505-239-5621) when arriving at Double Eagle and maybe I can meet you for a quick lunch.

Hi Arnold,

Better not show up Sunday, you'll be the only one there. It ends Saturday. The best days are Friday and Saturday. I think Saturday several of the CT guys are going to meet up there. We can meet at the Dynon display inside the tent at 0930 hrs. and have a bite to eat for breakfast.

Well, I need to back out of the offer for a room and a bed. We had our main water line from the well to the house break last night dumping water into our just remodeled and refloored dining room and garage! We are without water and may be staying in a hotel ourselves for awhile. It shouldn't deter us from making Page, but it wouldn't be much staying at our house without water. Fortunately, I've got a plumber across the street that jumped in quickly and got things shut off. We can still help with the auto gas and get you to a hotel room if anybody needs an overnight.

John

Wow... weather for the fly-in looks to be great! Low-to-mid 70s with blue skies during the days, and 55 at night. Little to no wind forecast. Some weather sources showing minor chance of clouds on Sunday. If it follows the typical pattern, they won't show up until afternoon.

Tim

Hi All,

For any one going to stop in Payson, AZ for breakfast Thursday we are leaving with a our Thursday morning at 0715 and will be in Payson for breakfast at 0845. We usually have a nice group of 6-8 planes show up for breakfast. Then we'll fly on up to Page.

See you in Payson or Page. Will most likely hit Page around 1130.

p.s.

For those of you that have Spot Tracker's don't forget to turn them on and post your link under the Spot Tracker thread.

I have one left here at home if any one is interested. I can bring it to Page. It would be $120 and you can activate it there for the morning flights and the flight home on a computer at the hotel.

If any one needs door lift struts I can bring those, too. $70 for the pair and these will raise your door higher.

Hi Brian,

Yes on the 123.45. we will all be on that frequency coming up from southern Arizona for chat. We should be there about 1130 hrs.

We have had quite a few drop out at the last minute this year. We are down to 26 planes. We were over 40 planes for a while. Drat, I wanted to set a big attendance record this year. :(

Hi All that are coming to Page, AZ. :D

We are having dinner at the Ranch House Grill . We can start showing up at 1700 hrs and eat about 1730 hrs. They don't serve alcohol, but you are allowed to bring your own. The Ranch House Grill is out the front door of the hotel and up the street 2 blocks, turn left and it is about 80 yards down on the right. It's an easy walk. I will be happy to meet in the hotel lobby at 1630 hrs. and walk up with whom ever shows up in the lobby. We will discuss the next days flights and other items for the Fly-In.

The FBO at the airfield has a van and will give you a ride to the hotel. The Best Western Arizona Inn. there are two Best Western hotels and they actually face each other. Ours is the one on the north side of the street. The hotel also has a van and is available to take you other places or back to the airfield. The CT group will be arrive all day, but the majority comes in between 1100-1500 hrs.

p.s.

I would fill your fuel tank after you land. You may not get the chance in the morning. They don't fuel real early from the truck and it may be too busy. Do this after each days flying. They will run a tab and you can pay before you go home. Don't over fill your tanks or they will over flow with the heat and or the angle of the ramp. 15 gals. in each wing is more than enough for any 2 of our flights.

Make sure you bring a couple of rope tie downs if you plane to have breakfast in Monument Valley. They have the cables on the ground, but nothing to hook up to the plane.

Hi all:

We (Robin and John) are flying to Page from the California coast. The last few days we have had morning fog that kept our airport socked in until 9 or 10. So we may get there late afternoon. Don't eat all the food before we get there.

John

FWIW... 'having a *great* time at the fly-in.... weather is perfect, great people, and awesome flights. Here's a pic from Friday morning's breakfast jaunt to Bryce... about 10-11 planes were there at once.

bryce-brkfst.jpg

4 of the 8 planes that met-up in Payson AZ for breakfast, on the way up to Page:

payson.jpg

a view around Bryce:

bryce-2.jpg

Oh, and not to forget, it's Roger Lee's Birthday today!

bdayboy.jpg

Tim

Hi Everybody, :D

I looks like the majority of people are back home from Page, AZ Fly-In. There are a couple of planes that have a two day trip back home. We had someone from Germany and Canada without their CT's of course. It was a lot of fun and of course it was great to see old friends again. We had new people attend this year and we had a Remos and an Allegro attend. The Allegro has been one of our attendees for the past few years. We had our fly over for the Grand Canyon, we flew into Bryce Canyon airport and ate at Ruby's Inn, we flew into Monument Valley and had breakfast at Goulding's and as a last minute flight change we flew into Bullfrog airport and marina for breakfast. That runway was 40' wide and 3500' long. We had seven planes that morning. Many people went on the Antelope Canyon and Glenn Canyon Dam ground tours as well. We had the Ranch House Grill restaurant all to ourselves for dinner where everyone sat together and caught up on old times and made new friends. I will say that I have never been much of a group person, but this is absolutely the the best group of great friends I have ever had the pleasure to be around. They are all helpful and friendly and not a negative person in the entire group.

We did not really have any maint. issues other than fixing a door latch and a GPS power problem and neither of these caused any serious headaches.

As you can see from a picture or two posted by Tim Greer on another post I got roasted Friday night on my Birthday. I was given my special party hat to wear from Tom Covell, <_< which by the way is my hanger mate, and I wore my hat all night, so remember what they say about paybacks. ;)

Everyone had a wonderful time, the food was good, the hotel accommodations were good, Classic FBO was very helpful and both these people provided us with our ground transportation.

I would like to see all that came to the Fly-In post some pictures under the gallery section. If you have a video you could put it up on Youtube and post the link here.

For the next couple of days you can go to our Spot Tracker links thread and see some of our flights.

I want to give a special thanks to Tim Greer for making our name badges for everyone. He even made them reflective so if you were stumbling home late on the street a car hopefully wouldn't run you over.

I hope that everyone had a great time and will share their adventures at Page here online and accompany them with a few pictures.

I will make room arrangements for next year Jan. 2011 and will post it up for next years Page, AZ event. If you haven't been you don't know what you are missing and if you haven't been in the last year then you need to come for the new places to see and go.

A really big THANKS to everyone that came and that make this Fly-In the largest CT Fly-In anywhere, that make it worth looking forward to and make it such a fun time and place to be with good friends.

Thank You All,

Fly Safe and Far,

Roger Lee

p.s.

We held a moment of silence for those who didn't make it this year, but it only lasted .2 tenths of a second.

Archived