Matco Brakes

I have heard that some are delaying a switch from OEM Italian brakes to the Matco brakes because they are able to periodically make adjustments that temporarily solve the problems with them. I was in that camp for awhile until I got tired of it. Towards the end my final cheklist included "pump the brakes before touchdown" to make sure I had working brakes on touch down.

That's all well and good. Matcos are not a cheap investment. I can only say that the change was well worth it to me. They cause me zero problems and have terrific stopping power. So, if you haven't made the switch, at least consider it. You'll love them.

i really want to upgrade but this new economy refuses to be kind to me. coupled with my broke condition is the fact that i have only braked aggressively 2-3 times in over 500 hours and those cases were to make the early turn-off.

on the other hand i realize that when the time comes (and it will) where avoiding damage or worse depends on braking power i'll be glad i did.

btw my cheap brakes remain trouble free.

The only problem I had with my Italian brakes was having to pump them occasionally to take out the play between the pad and disc , this was cured by removing the return springs between the pad and calibre never had a problem since and never had to pump them in over 200 hours

Mike

Archived