Electrical Power Available?

knolde

Afternoon:

I am curious about using an IFky 700 or other similar device in my CTLS. Can I plug in the PAD and an accompayning GPS? I have not given up my charts just yet for fear of running out of power for the electronic charts. I would appreciate a few words. Thanks, see ya, Ken Nolde, N840KN 400+ hours

The cigarette lighter port is rated to 10amps (120W) but you are likely to have trouble above 7A (80W) with contact and wire losses causing excessive volatge droop at the port output. The Ifly is USB port limited to take 5W max and the IPAD is only twice that, 10W. In short, you are fine.

Chanik: Thanks, that info helps alot. I am a wary of stressing the system too much; simply having only a 3 to 4 hour battery did not seem too reassuring. Again, Thanks Ken Nolde, N840KN.

The cigarette lighter port is rated to 10amps (120W) but you are likely to have trouble above 7A (80W) with contact and wire losses causing excessive volatge droop at the port output. The Ifly is USB port limited to take 5W max and the IPAD is only twice that, 10W. In short, you are fine.

• 1 month later...

Archived