Problem for D100 HS34 and GPS

B9525

Hi I have a 2012 ctls which comes with D100 EFIS, D120 EMS, Garmin Aera 500 gps, HS34 and TT FD2 AP. As showing on the picture, when I push hs34 breaker on, the D100 HSI not showing THE GPS info, and shows waiting gps fix. But when I pull the HS34 breaker off, the D100 shows the GPS info on HSI right on. Anyone know why it's happen, I am pretty sure that all the wiring are came from factory setup, it should be something wrong with the setup of D100 or HS34. Anyone knows the correct setup?

Thanks for any help!

IMG_8792.jpeg

IMG_8793.jpeg

This is really out of my realm of repair, but I’m curious about something.

You refer to what it shows on your D100, but your pics are of the D120. What does it show on the D100 in both situations ? I’m guessing it shows the same issue on the D100?

When an HS34 module is installed and functioning, the EFIS serial connections for navigation sources are DISABLED and the HS34 modules become the serial in/out source for all navigation.

OR it is possible that there is a malfunction with the breaker. Verify that the HS34 is ON and note the position of the breaker (it will have lights on the front).

If this has always been an issue, it sounds like the factory installed the wrong harness.

If this is a retrofit, whoever did it did not do it properly and did not follow the EFIS-d100 install manual appendix C and the chapter labeled Dynon Smart Avionics Bus (DSAB) Wiring, and the EMS-D120 chapter labeled 6. DSAB CONFIGURATION. It sounds like they left the GPS connected to the EFIS.

On 6/19/2024 at 1:27 AM, Towner said:

This is really out of my realm of repair, but I’m curious about something.

You refer to what it shows on your D100, but your pics are of the D120. What does it show on the D100 in both situations ? I’m guessing it shows the same issue on the D100?

It is same showing on D100. I made D120 picture just for easier to show the relationship with H34 breaker on and off

On 6/19/2024 at 2:50 AM, Anticept said:

When an HS34 module is installed and functioning, the EFIS serial connections for navigation sources are DISABLED and the HS34 modules become the serial in/out source for all navigation.

OR it is possible that there is a malfunction with the breaker. Verify that the HS34 is ON and note the position of the breaker (it will have lights on the front).

If this has always been an issue, it sounds like the factory installed the wrong harness.

If this is a retrofit, whoever did it did not do it properly and did not follow the EFIS-d100 install manual appendix C and the chapter labeled Dynon Smart Avionics Bus (DSAB) Wiring, and the EMS-D120 chapter labeled 6. DSAB CONFIGURATION. It sounds like they left the GPS connected to the EFIS.

All the wiring we're done by Flight Design from factory when the plane original came out. So I don't think it is wiring problem. It seems like when HS34 powered on. The GPS singal can't go through HS34 to efis. But when it off. The GPS singal go in to EFIS by "back up model". So just wondering is there anything wrong with setup foe the serial communication between EFIS HS34 AND GPS. Anyone can provide the right setup?

5 hours ago, B9525 said:

All the wiring we're done by Flight Design from factory when the plane original came out. So I don't think it is wiring problem. It seems like when HS34 powered on. The GPS singal can't go through HS34 to efis. But when it off. The GPS singal go in to EFIS by "back up model". So just wondering is there anything wrong with setup foe the serial communication between EFIS HS34 AND GPS. Anyone can provide the right setup?

I have lost Dynon configuration setup before.  Has this setup ever worked for you?  What functionality does it provide?  You can set your altimeter with the knob but you don't haver other nav sources to switch to and from.  Can you set crs and hdg bugs with the dial?

22 hours ago, B9525 said:

It would have to be a wiring error.

It's not possible for the signal to reach the EFIS with the HS34 powered off, if it were done correctly. This would mean the GPS is wired to the EFIS serial ports and not the HS34 serial ports. While the HS34 is powered on and connects to the DSAB, the EFIS serial ports are deactivated.

I assume that when you spin knobs on the HS34, the efis changes things like the altimeter or the altitude bug?