Manifold Pressure?

Just wondering, manifold pressure is displayed on my Dynon Skyview engine monitoring screen.  With the fixed pitch E-prop, I'm just wondering what I should take away from this indication?

Nothing. If you have a constant speed or variable pitch prop you need it to set power. The E-PROP is fixed and power output is set by WOT rpm. Maybe if the FAA enacts MOSAIC you can use the E-PROP constant speed prop, but don't bank on it getting done anytime soon.

I use mine as kind of a "fuzzy" backup.  If I know the normal MP for cruise, descent, etc., then I can set those values if that's my only workable power indicating instrument.  As Madhatter notes, with a fixed pitch prop, we all wonder why they include this indication.  

Map on a naturally aspirated, ground adjustable prop with standarded carbed engine doesn't really help with anything. It will always be 1" - 1.5" less than atmospheric. It's  just there because Dynon had it and FD connected it.