Audio recording for in cockpit camera?

Batjac

I’m making a mount for my old Insta360 OneX to go in place of the passenger head rest so I can send my friends video of what it’d be like to fly with me.  Unfortunately, the old OneX has no audio input, only the built in mic.  I’m figuring that my best bet is to record the intercom output and add the audio to the video file using the Insta360 software.  I’m just not sure how to record the audio.  I assume that I’ll plug into the passenger’s headset audio jack. 

I also was thinking about mounting my old GoPro 3 or 4 to the bulkhead to record when my wife flies with me.  So I obviously can’t plug into her headset jack, so I’m again unsure how to do the audio.

I also don’t know what device to use to record with.  What would Y’all suggest?

Mark

I've linked up a stereo Y connector (so it splits for your headset in one feed), second leg of Y with a stereo to mini plug adapter, to a mini plug to micro usb adapter, with all that mess ultimately interface to the GoPro.  It's works ok but I'd recommend buying the more expensive cleaner option.  

8 hours ago, Batjac said:

Woof!  Those are hefty.  Both of those together would buy 66 gallons of Premium no-ethanol fuel.  I'll have to save a while for those.

You have to pay to play!  I don't know where you're buying fuel, but I want some...$188 here wouldn't even buy 45 gallons of premium pump gas.

9 hours ago, FlyingMonkey said:

You have to pay to play!  I don't know where you're buying fuel, but I want some...$188 here wouldn't even buy 45 gallons of premium pump gas.

I'm just outside of Tulsa, OK.   It was $3.199/gallon for premium no-ethanol when I just bought 15 gallons.

On 6/30/2024 at 12:42 AM, Batjac said:

I'm just outside of Tulsa, OK.   It was $3.199/gallon for premium no-ethanol when I just bought 15 gallons.

I will order a tanker to US... here in France we are about $8 per gallon... for 98 octane and $7,5 for 95 octane and 10 ethanol. Here FD and Rotax recommend to use only 98 octane.
Anyway to answer the question if you use BOSE A20 I think you can record using the remote.

Well, I've decided the easiest way to do this is to use my GoPro 4 with a patch cord between the passenger's headset and the jacks, and then use the Insta360 software to integrate the audio.