Use of Otiker Clamps

image.png.ca217a36209d1e931da2a24746031216.png

I have a gas line I need to replace from the gascolator to the supply side of the fuel pump.  It parts diagram say to use a band it clamp?  I was going to use 15.7mm otiker clamps for this.  Is there any reason they use otkier clamps for the fuel shut off value but not here?  I also see they use worm gears on the fuel pump, so the clamps used differ all over the fuel system.

Use the Oetiker on both ends of the line. The only places I use Band-its on fuel lines is on banjo fittings. This is because you have limited space to properly install the Band-it on the fire sleeve. In the Rotax bulletin for the new style fuel pump they show using Oetiker clamps for both the hose and the fire sleeve.

Rotax fuel pump.pdf

Tom do you use two Oetikers, one on the line and a larger one on the firesleeve?  Before I swiitched to AN fittings I used Oetikers everywhere, usually using two as I described.  You just have to be careful to not put the firesleeve Oetiker directly over the line clamp or you'll never get a good seal.

11 hours ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Tom do you use two Oetikers, one on the line and a larger one on the firesleeve?  Before I swiitched to AN fittings I used Oetikers everywhere, usually using two as I described.  You just have to be careful to not put the firesleeve Oetiker directly over the line clamp or you'll never get a good seal.

No, I do not use two Oetikers. I just know that back when the new fuel pump was introduced the fuel pump kits came with Oetikers for both the hose and the firesleeve. I buy Band-its by the box of 100, and that is what I use on firesleeve during installation. If the clamp for the firesleeve needs to be on top of the clamp for the hose I will use a Band-it for the hose, otherwise I use Oetikers.