What are you guys paying for white paint?

I have a rust stain from a hangar roof leak that first pooled on a framing member and then leaked rusty water onto my wing and it penitrated and will not rub out.  My A&P told me he's now paying $1,000 / gallon for paint and to paint my wings would be expensive.

What do you guys that work on Flight Design planes pay for paint?  What would be the ballpark to repaint 2 wings not including flaperons and flaps?

Acrylic urethane paint is what is used. Acrylic is what gives it that finished look, the urethane part protects from UV.

Yes its VERY expensive for a quality paint. Cheaper automotive paints exist but make sure it's not just acrylic or just polyurethane.

More than likely your wing just needs the very very outer layer removed, an orbital sander should be enough.

Sounds right, I have a body shop friend and he just painted a Cherokee Six and paid $1000-1200 per gallon if I remember what he told me correctly.  I want to get just my cowl and wheelpants & leg fairings painted, I think it will be about $3k.

• 5 weeks later...