912is Fuel Pumps

airhound

Should I be s concerned unable to know ROTAX tested fuel pump, life span, before mine fails? Is there an official ROTAX or FD replacement standard?

IMO flying on one, then going thru an untrained/unpracticed restart procedure is a high risk event. Does anyone practice airborne restarts, is performing one part of new owner FD training? I’ve not heard of an accident YET attributed to the fuel pump system.   It just works all the time until it doesn’t. What would be a guesstimate to replace them?

Thanks Fellas!!!

There is a calendar time limit on the fuel pump pack and also the rubber bits that link them all together are to be replaced at the 5 year rubber replacement... IF you are an SLSA. An ELSA can perform any experiment they choose to prove/disprove. 

I also seem to remember a Rotax service bulletin regarding some pressurized leak check. There was a video on Rotax Owners dot com. I am recalling this from my flawed memory so take my answer with a grain of salt. If you go to flyrotax dot com, you can do your own research as to service bulletins and such. Having your engine serial number may help filter out a lot of non applicable guff.  

Great subject Airhound. please return and let us know what you find out.

Lockwood Aero (where I have been receiving my iRMT training) has a pump flow and pressure test rig and will IRAN your pump pack and mail it back to you fin exchange for money.

You can also call and speak to Dean, the Rotax trainer and tech support master tech for free on m-f, he has a hour scheduled in the morning and again in the afternoon where he hangs up his wrenches and awaits your call. I think their website has the hours lockwood.aero

under [SERVICES] then {CONTACT] you can see Tech. Avail: 9-10am, 2-3pm EST AND Tech. Line: 863-655-6229 DEAN VOGEL

Cheers