Foreflight; things to improve

medicpilot

I wrote a review about ForeFlight.  I suggested creating a separate topic on areas for improvement.

There are a lot of good things about the logbook but there are a lot of things that can be improved too.

One of my major annoyances right now is the inability to filter flights in the logbook entry screen. I think it would be helpful to be able to select the custom date range (currently there is a set date range of All, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, 6 months, and 12 months) and maybe some other parameters like hours or location. I can do it if I export my data and open it in excel but that kind of defeats the purpose haha.

I thought this would be something in the foreflight web app at the very least but it isn't :(. Foreflight is still in beta currently though so maybe they will add some things to it for the logbook.

I also would like to print out all of my flights. I like the experience report. Its very sleek looking and breaks time down very well but I feel like I should have the ability to print out the flights line by line over a chosen date range or for one airplane type or different parameters in order to have a paper version or a very specific electronic summary report.

One of the smaller features I would like to see added to the logbook is the ability to auto fill forms like 8710 and other applications. This feature is kind of only for those who are going through their training because its quite a pain to put all that info into IACRA every time and double check it. I had emailed them about it awhile back and they replied that it was "on their radar".

I did mention earlier that the consolidation was my favorite thing about flying with ForeFlight and it is a plus but there a few things that would make it better. One thing that I noticed was that if I build a flight plan with an instrument approach in it and then hit "send to logbook" it wont recognize the approach. I don't know if that is user error or just an oversight but that could definitely help with streamlining this feature. Along with this I wish the record feature would suggest more input options when making the logbook entry. Maybesuggesting airports for the "route" portion (it already does this for the "to" portion of the entry") or maybe number of landings. Right not it seems to only be geared for those A to B flights (which isn't bad)

Also, why don't the aircraft I input into my logbook also enter into my aircraft selection when creating a flight plan?