Airport Flooding

Bill3558

Airplane is a total loss. Under 8 feet of water. Every airplane at 0A7 and Johnson Field destroyed. Including all the museum aircraft. 
Airports been there a hundred years. Nothing like this has ever happened.

Claims will be many millions. Turbo Saratoga’s, Sr22s, twin Comanches, Mooneys, various Vans, Cessnas and Pipers. 
All gone. 

08C940AD-19B4-4491-91CE-A0C4A4121B5D.jpeg

Like I said, I used to maintain a CTSW that was flooded like that, so it is repairable. The biggest issue would be if any of the foam core is damaged by the water. That was the one thing on the SW, an aileron had some deformities from the water on the foam core. 

3 hours ago, Anticept said:

The frame is probably salvageable, avionics and engine is the big issue.

Ps: many insurance companies will PAY YOU to move aircraft out of the way of storms.

Adjuster told me they will take off data plate and scrap the plane. The repair cost would exceed the value of the airplane. 
I will miss it. It was a fine aircraft and we had some adventures together. Took it to the Bahamas. 

Engine, prop, avionics, and labor are a combined 60 grand new. With how closely everything has to be looked at and the electrical gremlins to work out....

Yeah it would be hard to.

PS: you can ask them if you can keep salvage. They will put it up for bid and you will get the hull value payout minus the highest bid AND the aircraft back. IF you really wanted to try to fix it.